Saturday 18 February 2012

NOTD | Essie - Smooth Sailing.


Smooth Sailing is described as a breezy lavender blue with a reflection of pearl and is from the Braziliant Collection from Summer 11.
I almost never wear blue polish so I really dont know how or why I ended up buying this, maybe it was the 'reflection of pearl' that won me over.



The pearl effect softens the blue and makes it really wearable, though for some reason its a few shades darker once on the nail than it looks in the bottle.



Products Used:
Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat
Essie Smooth Sailing (2 coats)
Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat

The formulation was perfect and if you take your time with the application you could get away with only one coat. I used two coats, I always do, if I dont then I feel like somethings missing/wrong, because I'm a freak you see.



I also bought some Urban Decay crystals which can be used on the face, body and nails. I think they're too big on the nail, I still havent found any that are the perfect size and its so hard to judge sizes online. If anyone knows of any tiny crystals that are ok for nails then let me know.




I got 2 mini bottles Smooth Sailing and 2 packs of  Urban Decay Rocks, I'll be adding one of each to my giveaway.

12 comments:

  1. Looks really nice. I don't own a essie nail polish sadly..where can you buy them?

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowhere local to me stocks Essie so its a pain 'cause I never get to see them in real life first but theres loads of places online you can get them..
      ASOS
      Beautybay
      FeelUnique

      xo

      Delete
  2. that is a very pretty shade... I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually love the darker blue as it is on your nails.. more so than in the bottle xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried Essie Nail polishes either but this is a gorgeous colour, something I would usually go for but am very interested in now. As for gems you can buy loads of little craft gems for really cheap, try hobbycraft other craft stores or on ebay and because they're only going to sit on the skin or nails they should be fine as long as you use a good quality glue with them.

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not a colour I would usually go for either but I quite like it.

      I've tried craft stores but still havent found any small enough and ebay isnt much better, they're always huuuuuge. I dont even bother using glue, I just stick them on the nail before the top-coat dries then apply another coat, seems to do the trick.
      xo

      Delete
  5. I love it! I haven't seen a colour like that before x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got this and really like it. I haven't worn it in a while so will need to dig it out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essie polishes tend to look different (lighter) in the bottle...I've had this issue with several of their polishes and it's really starting to bother me. This color looks great on you though :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nail varnish is a stunning colour on! Have wanted to try the Nails Inv Caviar base coat for a while. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This colour is so lovely! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cinderella blue is the name my mum always puts to that colour! Gorgous

    ReplyDelete