Monday 13 February 2012

Laura Geller Balance And Brighten.


A unique oil free liquid powder that will help to offset any ruddiness or redness and brighten.

I'm always on the hunt for natural looking foundation and after seeing Balance & Brighten receive good reviews time after time on QVC I decided to try it for myself. The selling points for me were that a lot of people said it was quick and easy to apply, they didnt even need to use a mirror. I'm lazy so this sounded perfect for me, especially for days when I look like death warmed up and applying foundation is the last thing I want to do.




Balance & Brighten starts of as a mousse then is baked. The various shades of veining is apparantly what helps to balance & brighten the skin, as we dont only have one colour throughout our faces. The first time I tried it - I hated it! It sat in every crease under my eyes and made them look like wrinkles, it was also far to pale for me even though it was the shade they'd recommended on air (regular) for my colouring. My skin didnt look Balanced or Brightened and the coverage was almost nada, unless I wanted to pile it on and walk around like talc face.


I chucked it straight into the drawer of neglect and forgot all about it untill a few months later when I was looking for something to use with my Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint. Decided to give it another go and the result was perfect, couldnt believe how well they worked together considering Balance & Brighten is a foundation in itself. I dont wear makeup everyday, I honestly cant be bothered, pure laziness but when I do its always Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint topped off with Laura Geller Balance & Brighten, its the perfect combo for me.



Balance & Brighten retails for around £27, so not the cheapest foundation out there. Even though I've figured out a way to make it work for me and I'm happy with it now, iI doubt it'll be a repurchase. Has anyone else tried this, were you ready to start an instant hate campaign like me?

8 comments:

  1. This actually looks amazing; I've never really heard of Laura Geller before but I'm starting to hear bits about it/her. I'm deciding whether to invest in the Sheer Skin Tint or to go for the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, but can't really find any good comparisons. I'm off on holiday in 6 weeks and I really need a good tinted moisturiser that I can slap on without really thinking about it (preferably without a mirror, as you say!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only place you can buy Laura Geller products in the UK is from QVC as its an American brand.

    I havent came across many good tinted moisturisers. CheapSmells are doing Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturiser SPF 30 priced at around £5 at the mo, havent tried it before but at that price its not going to be a huge waste of money if you dont like it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I always wanted to try this! I'm not too sure now though... Thanks for the review! x

    www.lotty-luxuries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :] most people seem to love it but it just didnt work for me on its own as it should.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I've been on the hunt for Laura Geller products for ages but can't seem to find them...rediscover "old" makeup items and actually fall in love with them is the best feeling, isn't it :) Glad you found your perfect combo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the Laura Geller site only ships to America, its a pain.

      I know, hate when products just go to waste but atleast I can use it up now. :]
      xo

      Delete
  5. I LOVE LOVE this product - for me it's the best foundation ever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it. :) there's nothing better than finding a brilliant foundation.
      xo

      Delete