Wednesday 15 February 2012

Estee Lauder Day Wear B.B Creme.



I'm no pro with BB creams, I've never bought into the huge hype that surrounds them. I had a few samples of Garniers BB cream and to be honest, the less said about that the better! So, I had a fresh mind when I received this Estee Lauder version, didnt have much to compare it to but in all honesty I wasnt expecting to love or hate it.

The Claims:
One B.B Cream - All the beauty benefits you need.
An instant, even-toned, healthy look.
Proven super Anti-Oxidant Complex and SPF35
High-performance, oil-free hydration.


Any product with SPF higher than 15 gets a huge thumbs up from me.




This B.B Creme is available in two colours, I received light and although its a good match, I cant imagine it being light enough for girls more fair than me. It gives a decent amount of coverage but still allows your skin to look like skin, covers up most imperfections and because its oil-free, those with oily skin should get on well with it (I have an oily T-Zone and didnt have any problems)


Swatched

The texture is thick and creamy but blends into the skin easily. Estee Lauder describe it as a lightweight cream but I would have to disagree.

Blended

Theres an obvious difference, in the before pic my hand looks like it belongs to a corpse. Attractive.

Overall I really like this product, I was pleased with the coverage and healthy look it leaves on the skin. The only problem I think some people will have is the colour range. Estee Lauder DayWear B.B Creme costs £32.

Has anyone tried this yet?
Sample

14 comments:

  1. EL BB cream is on my want list, but I haven't splurged yet... I promised myself to use up at least one foundation that I already own first... but the reviews I've read about it so far have all been favorable... maybe I should visit a counter and get myself a sample :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would say definately get a sample first. Nothing worse than splurging then hating the product, especially when its £32.
      xo

      Delete
  2. OMG This looks amazing. I really want to try a BB cream but I dont want to risk spending a lot of money on a naff product! I'm going to pick up a sample of this and deffo give it a go!

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said, I havent tried many BB creams but I would imagine this is one of the better ones. Really worth getting your hands on a sample.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I can see the difference in your hand! This sounds good. I've never tried a BB cream though because i'm always scared that the colour will be wrong for me, it would be great if this came in more colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to blur any imperfections and make the skin almost look airbrushed. Hopefully Estee Lauder will realize that two shades arent going to suit everyone and bring out more colours.
      xo

      Delete
  4. Been wanting to try this for ages.. I've used the EL Daywear Plus for years which is basically a tinted moisturiser (still not quite sure the difference between that and a BB cream!) Definitely would love to try this, might pick up a bottle duty free at the airport in a few weeks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of the difference either.. One makes big claims, the other doesnt, Thats the only thing I can think of. lol £32 is a bit step, you'd be best picking it up at the airport.
      xo

      Delete
  5. Great review. I am awaiting my sample from Latest in Beauty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried this yet but I really want to now! Great Post xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received the sample, but as someone of colour the light shade isnt the one for me so I can't review it properly
    x

    http://elefont-at.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'light' shade isnt as light as some other tinted moisturisers/BB creams that I've tried so I have a feeling that dark will be really dark.
      xo

      Delete
  8. I received a sample of this earlier in the week. Have yet to try it though your review makes me quite excited, especially as it has SPF35.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its really lovely, I want to buy it but I'm on a mission to use up some other things first.
      xo

      Delete