Thursday 31 January 2013

Spending Ban Update #2

Tumblr_mh5htm8ygp1r59y55o1_500_large
Source: WeHeartIt

So today I've been on my spending ban 3 weeks exactly. Apart from the 2 beauty giftset's I mentioned I'd ordered from Debenhams for birthday prezzies, I hadn't spend any money on anything beauty related for myself. I got my dispatch email from Debenhams on the 20th but my parcel still hadn't turned up so I gave them a ring to see what was going on and was told my order had been cancelled. By cancelled they ment both items were out of stock when I paid yet neither item was updated as out of stock, they took my payment, sent a dispatch email and no one got in touch to let me know there was a problem? You're in my bad books, Debenhams! I was slightly pissed off and at the same time a letter came from Perricone along with a 20% discount code (NEWYEARNEWYOU if anyone's interested) so of course I ended up on the website ordering No Concealer Concealer!

I think it's safe to say this week has been a bit of a fail but I'm not too bothered. I've wanted No Concealer Concealer for what seems like forever and just couldn't pass up that offer plus getting my money refunded from Debenhams paid for it. Next week there will be NO slip ups! :)

Are you on a spending ban?
How are you getting on?

16 comments:

  1. You have not failed in the slightest! You're doing really well! I totally failed today, ridiculously so.
    You're doing really well, keep it up! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm sure you will do better this week. Hope I do too! lol
      xo

      Delete
  2. I bought InStyle mag today as I love their beauty best buys supplement. Look forward to your review! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magazines are one of the things I've banned myself from buying but I've been so tempted to grab q few.
      xo

      Delete
  3. That picture really made me smile !! Great post!! <3
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you for picking that up, that's a good deal getting 20% off because it's so pricey! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plus the website offers free p&p, always sucks me in! I'm really loving it so far, don't regret getting it now.
      xo

      Delete
  5. that is really bad of Debenhams, are they doing to give you any compensation? I would of done the same to cheer myself up. You are still doing so well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the girl was just really matter of fact. Luckily the birthdays I'd ordered them for aren't soon, I'd just ordered them because they were less than half price.
      xo

      Delete
  6. hahahaaa that's what I do too! All for the economy ;)

    Irsada
    http://irsadasbeauty-fullworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so hard, harder then I first thought to stick to it x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm finding it hard too. So much I want. I'm such a shopaholic, I keep buying for others now I can't buy for myself! M x

    ReplyDelete