Saturday 20 October 2012

NOTD & The Dupe: MAC Anti-Fashion


MAC Anti-Fashion Nail Laquer

Anti-Fashion is my first taste of MAC nail laquer. I'm not sure why but when I'm on the hunt for new shades I never think to look at MAC and usually gravitate towards brands such as Nails Inc. In my recent swap with Lina she included Anti-Fashion from MAC - a dirty grey/plum/purple shade shot through with purple shimmer. The shimmer isn't always obvious but it comes alive under bright lights and the rest of the time you're left with a deep, murky, dirty (in the best way) shade of grey/purple. The nail laquer bottle in the 2nd photo shows the murkiness best. The consistency is on the thin side but you get full coverage with 2 coats. The brush was easy enough to work with and drying time was good too.

Products Used:
Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat
MAC Anti-Fashion (2 coats)
Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat

The dupe? Rimmel Hot List. I've swatched both on my nail wheel and most of the time I can't see any difference no matter what light I hold the wheel under but if I had to be picky I would say Hot List is slighly more purple but not noticeably so. I don't own Chanel Paradoxal but I've saw side by side swatches and Hot List is pretty close. If you love Paradoxal but don't fancy spending that amount of money and can't get hold of Rimmel in your country then go for MAC Anti-Fashion.

Anti-Fashion | Hot List | Anti-Fashion | Hot List

Each swatch looks like a completely different colour. It was so hard trying to get the true colour to show but the middle out of focus photo is the most accurate.

Do you own Hot List or Anti-Fashion? And do you have on any tips on how to make colours come across in photos how they are in real life?

Don't forget to enter my international giveaway (link)

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shade, I don't own anything like this so I might pick one up from Rimmel and give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour and you can't beat Rimmel brushes. I love them!
      xo

      Delete
  2. I don't own any of these polishes but they're both gorgeous! xx

    www.awkward-queen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous colour! A great dupe from Rimmel! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Colours are gorgeous,I don´t own any of them unfortunately..
    Join my blog birthday giveaway ;)
    http://www.melodylouise.net/2012/10/one-year-melodylouise-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Barry M Dusky Mauve could be a dupe for MAC Anti-Fashion, too.
    may try the Rimmel one, just for the sake of it (and because the brush on their Pro range is one of the best I came accross, so easy and quick to paint your nails with it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Dusky Mauve but it does look very similar. The Rimmel Pro brushes are the best aren't they :)
      xo

      Delete
  6. That's a great dupe! Really love these colours :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'll have to try finding some more but a bit different. lol
      xo

      Delete