Sunday 21 October 2012

Shopping My Stash #4

I'm so glad I decided to start doing these posts. Of course there's some items I never switch up such as eyeshadow but I'm really making more of an effort not to neglect what I already own. I've noticed I haven't been buying as much make up either which makes my bank account very happy.

Judith Williams Luxury Diamond Magic Make Up: I posted about this back in April (link) but since getting YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat no other bases have had a look in really. The texture is REALLY similar to Benefit The POREfessional but it adds some coverage and blurs imperfections. The ingredients aren't on the tube but I'm guessing it's made up from alot of silicone. The reason I like it is because it leaves no tidelines even though the shade looks really dark before you blend it. It's a one shade suits all type product and you don't even need a brush to apply it. The less I need to do the better - lazy girl make up.

Benefit Realness Of Concealness Kit: This is the last chance saloon for this mini fake it kit. It contains Boi-ing concealer which Benefit seem to think is 'industrial strength' & Lemon Aid colour correcting eyelid primer both of which are solid and almost impossible to get any from the pans. On the rare occasion I've been able to get some on my finger from the pan they do nothing at all apart from crease and look obvious. Infact, they make me look even worse. The kit also contains Ooh La Lift Under Eye De-Puffer - another pointless product in my opinion. It doesn't lift or de-puff. Lip Plump - a lip primer which doesn't plump in the slightest so why it's called Lip Plump is beyond me & High-Beam - the only product from the kit that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. I've been hanging onto this kit for way too long  but after this fortnight if I still hate it I'll be introducing it to the bin.

Clarins Instant Light Perfecting Touch: Very similar to YSL Touche Eclat. I do really like this product but never reach for it as often as I should as the brush applicator is very thin and flimsy. I think I'm almost at the end of it now so hopefully it'll be another product for an empties post soon.

Avon Super Curlacious Mascara: Another unopened mascara from my mascara stash. I used to really like some of the mascaras from Avon and I don't think I've ever tried this one so I'm interested to see how well it curls my stupidly straight lashes.

MAC Speak Louder & Benefit No Competition: 'Speak Louder' is one of my all time favourite lipsticks but the reason it's in this post is because I still don't have the balls to wear 'No Competition' on it's own. It's the darkest, most vampy shade I own and I love it but I'm just not brave enough to wear it without mixing it with 'Speak Louder'. In the photo 'No Competition' doen't even look that dark but trust me, it is.

Have you tried any of these products before?

Don't forget to enter my international giveaway (link)

10 comments:

  1. Love shopping the stash posts :) I can discover new products. I've never heard of these MAC lipsticks, but the pink one is really pretty hehe. Hope you manage to finish your Clarins instant light perfecting touch soon so you can include it in an empties post!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink one is from MAC. It was a blind buy but luckily I love it! :) The other lippy is from Benefit.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I have two Benefit kits that I really need to use up! I think I'll add them to the make-up routine next week!

    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kits do you have? I've only tried this one and I think the other one is called Big Smokey Eyes or something like that.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I've tried that Clarins before, I don't like it as much as Touche Eclat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I'm yet to try a similar product that beats Touche Eclat.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I love these kind of posts :) that MAC lipstick looks GORGEOUS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit kits are absolutely useless, they bring so many of them out every few months, the Benefit girls at work are sick of trying to promote them all the time! High Beam is a lovely eye brow highlighter. My Avon mascara smudges so much (it isn't this one though!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and putting products like concealers in a set without an air tight lid makes no sense at all. I haven't used High Beam much but I'll give it a go this week.
      xo

      Delete