Sunday 7 October 2012

Shopping My Stash #3

For this fortnight I've picked out 6 products, 3 of which are my favourites but for some reason have been neglected alot lately. First up is..

Lavera All-Round Cream: I've really enjoyed the few products I've tried from Lavera, mainly body products like bath/shower gel and body creams. As the name suggests the All-Round Cream can be used on the face and body (I only use it on my body) It has a really pleasant scent, is easy to work into the skin and best of all - it's free from nasty ingredients.

Estee Lauder Double Wear in shade Fresco: The main reason I love Double Wear is because it doesn't transfer onto my clothes. There's nothing worse than seeing the collar of a coat plastered in foundation, it's hideous but DW stays on my face the whole day. Even if I have a nana nap in the afternoon it doesn't budge. I also love that it covers any redness. Around this time every year I get a huge red stripe on each cheek, I think it's due to dehydration with having the heating on alot and DW seems to be the only foundation to completely cover it.

MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle: Soft & Gentle gives the most gorgeous golden, champagne sheen to the cheekbones. I've been using my New CID blush/highlighter duo constantly since I got it but it's time to come back to this beauty! It seems to last forever, I still haven't made a dent.

The Body Shop White Musk Libertine: I don't buy much from The Body Shop now but I practically lived for it when I was younger. I always loved the White Musk scented products so when I spotted this in the sale last year I picked it up. I must confess I've grown out of my White Musk phase but I'll always have a soft spot for it.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer & Gloss Duo: This duo came as a GWP last year but I very rarely wear gloss and despite really liking the concealer at first it started to remind me of Collections Lasting Perfection Concealer which I'm just not a fan of. The gloss is in the shade 27 Pink Kiss Shimmer, it's a golden pink, doesn't feel too sticky and it smells good.

Benefit Bad Gal Mascara: I had a tube of this back in the day but I have to say I wasn't too impressed. So why did I get another tube? Well it was a magazine freebie a few months back, I can't pass up a good freebie.

Do you own any of these products?

12 comments:

  1. Oh this has just reminded me that I have that Lavera cream somewhere! Completely forgotten that I did, think it's been buried somewhere beneath a stash of body creams....oops lol x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was buried under a mountain of body products too! lol Only found it lastnight after clearing out my drawer.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I do love my MSF and Doublewear- but I'm totally annoyed that they've reworked the shades this week, got rid of my Shell and the new "pale" shades are literally so dark on me. So sad :-( Fresco has changed too so make sure you get rematched when you run out xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I thought there was just more shades added, didnt know they'd been changed. How annoying! To be honest Fresco doesn't even match me even though I was 'matched' by a girl on the counter. I always wear my foundation a shade or 2 darker than my skin tone then just bronze up my neck anyway but Fresco isnt a close match at all.
      xo

      Delete
    2. Yeah, they've changed most of it :-( Fresco still exists but its been upgraded to 2N3 so is warmer than the shade you will have xx

      Delete
  3. I keep thinking about picking up another bottle of double wear havent used it for ages. I do love a good nana nap too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a good nana nap! ;) My bottle seems to last forever. I've used it quite a lot but it doesn't look like it will run out any time soon.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I just came across your blog, it's lovely! I've been wanting to try the MSF in Soft & Gentle, It's on my list to buy. Benefit's BadGal lash is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I wanted Soft & Gentle for ages before I actually got my hands on it. It's such a lovely highlighter.
      xo

      Delete
  5. i use msf soft and gentle too... altho i recently bought the colour base in pearl from mac and ive been loving it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard alot about the cream colour base in pearl but haven't tried it myself. I seem to sway more towards powder/baked highlighters for some reason.
      xo

      Delete
  6. I still need to get my hands on the soft and gentle MSF but for some reason I always forget about it when I'm shopping at the MAC counter lol silly me xx

    ReplyDelete