Sunday 28 October 2012

Nars 'Douceur'

The last few days have been a nightmare. 'Nightmare' might seem a little OTT to 'normal' people but for me and all of you a nightmare is exactly what it is. I had enough post's lined up to make sure I covered every single day this month. Even if I missed a day I could post twice the next day and it'd be even stevens but it wasn't to be - My Broadband decided to go down like a sack of spuds, I was net-less untill about 5 minutes ago. I honestly felt like I'd lost a limb, I didn't know what to do with myself. I was able to read post's via my phone but I couldn't comment which made it even worse. I did ring BT but they were about as useful as the applicators that come in cheap eyeshadow set's. Please tell me I'm not the only person who has a slight meltdown when they're cut off from the WWW. Anyway, onto the beauty that is Douceur.

Nars Douceur £21

Every once in a while a product finds it's way into my life (thanks Lina!) then into my make up bag, then on to my face everytime I wear make up. The title of this post tell's you exactly what product I'm referring to. 'Douceur' has been on my radar, and wish list for a good while now but if you've been reading my blog you'll know blush isn't at the top of my list. I can take it or leave it and more often than not I leave it.

Douceur is described as a ''soft, pink brown' on my skintone it works really well. It subtly sculpts and adds more shape to my round, chubby face. The shade is really natural. It isn't the most pigmented blush in the world but it adds just the right amount of colour to brighten/lift the face and makes a nice change from the usual shades of pink. I can wear any eye/lip colour and not have to worry if Douceur will clash - it goes with absolutely everything! I get a full 8 hours wear from Douceur which is another reason why I love it. I'm not one for fixing my make up halfway through the day, if I have to top up I won't use it (my only exception is lippy) if you have a light/medium skintone Douceur will suit you perfectly and if you're lazy like me you'll love it as it eliminates the need to apply blush and contour but of course you could still use both. Darker skintones might struggle with Douceur as it's so subtle. The texture isn't chalky in the slightest but you do get alot of fall-out around the pan. The packaging is slim and compact with a decent sized mirror. It takes up no space at all in my make up bag.

Douceur is my first blush from Nars and I'm really, really impressed. Do you own Douceur? What other shades would you recommend?

18 comments:

  1. I don't have this one but my fave blusher is NARS deep throat. Also take a look at orgasm and sin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douceur is one of my absolute favourites! Also recommend Sin which I'm absolutely loving this Autumn and Lustre if you're a fan of peachy blush. Both so pigmented and absolutely stunning x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sin is stunning! It's popped up in a few YT vids lately so I've made a mental note. I love a good peachy blush. I think my list is getting longer! haha
      xo

      Delete
  3. Ooo i think ive found another shade to add to my christmas list! I love Nars blushes - theyre pricey but oh so worth it :)
    I know its typical but 'Orgasm' has to be my favourite so far :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted Orgasm for the longest time but never purchased it for some reason.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I found this a bit too muddy on my skin. i prefer tarte exposed. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a Tarte set I really want, it has 3 mini blushers and I think the other product is highlighter. Damn Sephora!
      xo

      Delete
  5. This has somehow skipped under my radar. Definitely one I need to check out on counter when I'm near one next. I've got 'TAIO' or something, I don't use it, it's too red for my complexion. I like the look of 'Sin' too.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of blushers with too much red in them either. Don't think I've heard of that one before, I'll google some swatches now.
      xo

      Delete
    2. My absolute favourite blush by Nars is outlaw and it has just been brought back - yay! x

      Delete
    3. Don't think I've ever heard of that one either. Love it when great products get brought back! :)
      xo

      Delete
  6. ooh this looks lovely! I have Orgasm and love it, but only wear it for more 'special' ocassions coz it's super shimmery! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a bit of shimmer but too much scares me lol I think that's maybe the reason I've never purchased Orgasm even though I've wanted it for so long.
      xo

      Delete
  7. oooh i do like this colour a lot! Not bought NARS for ages now so I might have to pay them a visit soon and try this beauty out! :D

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you like Douceur. It was quite a miss for me...you should try Sin...omg I absolutely adore that blush and it's perfect for the fall/winter season :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sin seems to be getting alot of love. I can see why, its a beaut!
      xo

      Delete