Sunday 15 July 2012

Review: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous

After the huge success of Revlon Lip Butters I couldnt wait for the Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains to hit the UK. Although I liked the look of the Lip Butters I didnt buy any, not even one, crazy. I spent half an hour in Boots having a good old swatch session and even though I really liked all the Balm Stain shades they were just too similar to colours I already own. In the end I went for 040 Rendezvous, an orange shade which isnt similar to any lip colour I already have.

The balm has a slight minty scent, its barely noticeable and isnt detectable at all once applied to the lips. This might please some people but I really like minty lip products and would prefere the scent to be a lot stronger. The retractable chubby pencil is a huge selling point for me. I absolutely hate having to sharpen lip products, its messy, wastes a lot of the product and is just another step I cant be bothered doing.

I expected the balm to be really soft, almost a melt-y, buttery texture but it isnt. Its quite solid but applies easily, doesnt drag and the staying power is pretty good for a balm. The pigmentation is good but isnt as full on as a regular lipstick or stain, its not fully opaque but it adds enough colour to the lips along with a slight glossy finish. After the gloss wears off you're left with a nice stain which doesnt go patchy nor does it dry out the lips. My lips are really pigmented, they naturally look like I'm wearing red lippy so on me Rendezvous comes across as a dark orange.

Overall I'm really impressed. I'm not sure how the other shades compare but I would happily recommend Rendezvous. I might go for Darling next :)

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains cost £7.99 from Boots & Superdrug but are currently priced at £5.99

22 comments:

  1. I just came back from shopping and i was tempted by these kissable balms. I did do a cheeky swatch on my hand of this colour because i am into my corals and oranges, and i do love them! However, i have too many lip products already so i had to pass on this...besides i am happy with my revlon lipbutter in tutti frutti already :D Thanks for sharing~xxx

    www.yingcbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willpower lol I think Tutti Frutti and Rendezvous are really similar anyway arent they? No need for both.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I swatched one of these during the week and was super impressed by the staying power it had on my hand :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didnt think it was going to be much good as a stain, just because it looks quite glossy but it proved me wrong.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot about these and it seems people either love or hate the scent! :P Thanks for reviewing, great post! :)

    xx Veronica

    http://frowardfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mint, I would love it even more IF I could actually smell it properly lol
      xo

      Delete
  4. I have Honey and Sweetheart and love them both. The slight minty smell is actually so addictive, haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think Honey was in Boots, the swatches look lovely though. :)
      xo

      Delete
  5. That's a pretty colour... I haven't seen these around yet, looking forward to swatch them, although I still prefer the Clinique' ones, I think. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried the Clinique one. For some reason I never go to Clinique counters.
      xo

      Delete
  6. Great review hun. I think this is my favourite colour. all the other shades look so similar. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another pink lip product i the last thing I need but I have a feeling I might cave.
      xo

      Delete
  7. I've fallen in love with these! Am just about to do a review post myself :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still trying to decide which shade to go for next. I thought it was going to be Darling but I think lilac lips might make me look a bit dead. lol I'll have a wee look at your post :)
      xo

      Delete
  8. Ah, I keep looking at these in Boots and stopping myself from buying them. I reallyyyyy want to but unfortunately I'm a little short of money right now (just moved countries, and my money is in my bank account in France. And I need to send my visa to a friend to get the money out for me and post it. Complicated. Meanwhile my mum is lending me some money for now, but yeah I can't spend as much as I used to!) I really like the look of this shade though, so I may cave.... :) xo

    http://naomixmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, hope you get it all sorted soon.
      Yeah I just thought Rendezvous was an unusual colour, for me anyway.
      xo :)

      Delete
  9. These stains look amazing!! so gutted I can't get them over here! Stupid Revlon ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These remind me so much of Clinique Chubby Sticks! Gorg colour but probably not a product I'd get much use out of xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I havent tried the Clinique Chubby Stick so I'm not sure how they compare but they packaging is almost identical.

      Thats how I felt about the lip butters. Atleast you'll save yourself a few pennies :)
      xo

      Delete
  11. ^ I agree with the commenter above me... so like clinique chubby sticks! great pics

    hiraschaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete