Wednesday 25 July 2012

NOTD: Virgin Vie Shocking Pink & George Jackpot


After clearing out my nail polish box and seeing what colours I've got I've started to use some that had been locked away for years. They were in nail polish jail but not anymore!

Back in the day I really liked Virgin Vie. One of the girls I used to work with was a rep so I would always pick up some nail sets everytime they were discounted. All the Virgin Vie polishes I own are 5+ years old and still going strong, and all the shades look exactly the same on the nail as they do in the bottle. They're easy to apply and the gloss on this shade was amazing even before I added top-coat.

I picked Jackpot up last year in Asda, its a clear polish with teeny tiny sparkles of silver glitter. The glitter isnt dense at all, its never going to be opaque but it looks really pretty layered over certain colours. Its so subtle that most of the time its not obvious you're wearing glitter, it just makes whatever colour you're wearing look a lot more glossy.

Products Used:
Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Base Coat
Virgin Vie Shocking Pink (2 coats)
George Jackpot (1 coat)
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri

What polish are you wearing this week?

16 comments:

  1. Im not a pink person at all, but this colour is gorgeous! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love a good pink but have been wearing more muted shades lately, The sun made me want something a bit brighter though.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I love how you've layered it with the sparkles! The glitter is just the right size. I hate chunky glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love chunky glitter but sometimes its a bit OTT. I love how small the glitter is in this polish.
      xo

      Delete
  3. I love this shade, especially with the glitter x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have the same glitter polish in gold, might try it next and see how it looks.
      xo

      Delete
  4. That glitter polish is gorgeous! I need it!haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really cheap! I cant remember the exact price but it was on offer aswell when I got it.
      xo

      Delete
  5. The pink shade looks really nice layered with the glitter :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so pretty, I've never seen the George nail varnishes before will have to keep an eye out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very rarely get to Asda but when I was there just before Christmas there was so many different colours :) I'm not sure if all stores have the make up/nail polish range but its worth having a look.
      xo

      Delete
  7. Nail polish jail =D Haha
    I love that shade of pink. Works well with the glitter. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that top coat!!! It looks gorgeous, great find!! xx

    ReplyDelete