Friday 25 May 2012

Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Eye Roll-On

 Last year I ordered a Gatineau TSV from QVC. I cant remember the price or everything the TSV contained but Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Eye Roll-On was one of the products. I'd been eyeing it up for a while, the roller ball applicator really appealed to me and Gatineau is a brand that almost always delivers good results.

I love the cool feeling of roller balls under my eyes, they instantly make my eyes feel brighter and more awake and on air it was mentioned that it can be applied during the day, as many times as you like even over make up. The Aquamemory range has been designed to hydrate the skin and eliminate fine lines caused by dehydration. I dont have wrinkles but if I havent had much sleep or just dont feel too good then the fine lines start to appear. The roll-on has been formulated without parabens or silicone, I couldnt wait to try it!

On first try, it left my eye area feeling cool but in all honesty I think even an empty roller-ball would give the same feeling, its all down to the ball rather than the formula. Apparently roller balls help drain the under eye area to reduce the appearance of puffiness but I didnt notice a decrease in puffiness, even with continued use.

I felt that Aquamemory moisturised the eye area well but the formula sits on the skin rather than sinking in and leaves the eye contour feeling tacky. In my opinion it doesnt work well over makeup as claimed, it leaves the skin looking shiny and interferes with concealer/foundation. Maybe if you suffer from really dry skin around your eyes this would work brilliantly for you but I just found it annoying and always felt the urge to wipe it off.

The best use I've found for Aquamemory Eye Roll-On is as a 'wake-er up-er' when my eyes feel tired but I can get that same awake feeling from less expensive eye roll-ons. Have any of you tried this?

Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Eye Roll-On 15ml £31.26 from QVC.

No comments:

Post a Comment