Sunday 18 December 2011

Better Late Than Never.

I'm probably the last Glossyboxer to do this post this month but I wanted to wait untill I'd tried out the Deborah Lippmann polish.



I'm not going to start going on about the ins and outs of Glossybox, most people know what it is and reading about the whole concept each month gets a bit irriating.
Glossybox ticked all my boxes this month, theres nothing in the box that I wouldnt use. I was praying for the Nouveau Lashes mascara when I first saw all the posts going up and thats exactly what I got :]

Cargo Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Serengeti
Deborah Lippmann Razzle Dazzle Mini Nail Varnish with Stripped To Go Sachet
FAB Face Cleanser
Nouveau Lahses Noir Mascara
Rituals Foaming Shower Gel in White Lotus and Green Tea

The only thing I've had the chance to try so far is the nail varnish

Indoor

Outdoor

This is my first time using a Deborah Lippmann polish, I've read so many rave reviews so was really excited to try it out. Razzle Dazzle retails at £16, crazy. The bottle is amazing, its so different to other polish bottles. It took 3 coats to get a full finish, if I paid £16 for a nail polish I would expect full coverage with 2 coats, I would want to make it last as long as possible. I do like the colour and its fascinating to look at under different lights but I'm really not wow'd by it. I'm glad I got the chance to try a Lippmann polish and even though I do like it, I cant say its made me want to part with £16 to try more shades.

I've read so many blogs complaining about people complaining about Novembers box (did that make sense? lol) We all have an opinion, we're allowed to be happy/unhappy with what we receive. I stand by everything I said last month, the box I reveived was a joke and my problem wasnt anything to do with the sizes of the products, it was the fact that a bag of bath salts was being passed off as a luxury product. I dont think so some how. Everything I say on this blog is honest, I'm not going to lie and say I'm pleased with something when I'm not, in fear of 'brands' reading it. That would just be pointless and I doubt my followers want to read lies.

xo

8 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you - the whole point of the beauty box craze is to get brands out there and get honest reviews about them without the brands themselves having to do any crazy market research and spend a huge amount of money (and, obviously, for us to get some nice samples to try before buying).

    I'm still glad I unsubscribed from Glossy Box, even though the December box looks amazing! I've been wanting to try a Deborah Lippman polish for ages (but no way in hell would I pay 16 quid for one!) and would have never used a red. I wish they'd included some other ones as well. I totally agree with you that when you're paying so much you'd expect not to have to apply three coats of the stuff! x

    http://boscy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with this polish, I am yet to try mine out but shall be doing for the xmas party. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. that deborah lippmann polish is so really pretty. i agree that it should cover in less than 3 coats!

    also, i just wanted to say that i discovered your blog today and i really like it!

    helen @ thelovecatsINC

    http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the polish but i would never pay £16 for a full sized, i don't think anything could make me pay that for a polish, even if it was amazing.

    I resubbed just for the December box but once again i got an anti ageing product :/

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I unsubscribed last month...I was sick of getting cremes and lotions even though I clearly specified I was only interested in cosmetics...The polish looks awesome though :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the colour is so christmassy

    xx
    http://simplymsnana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nail polish is stunning in those photographs, such a shame you were a little bit disappointed because £16 is so much to pay for a nail varnish x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nail varnish is a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete