Sunday 3 November 2013

Sally Hansen Age Correct Growth Treatment

Sally Hansen Age Growth Treatment aka my milky base coat for lighter shades of polish like my beloved L'Oreal 'Opera Ballerina' before this I was using the O.P.I Ridge Filler which wasn't the best for filling in ridges but it did make a good base for lighter shades. It ment I didn't have to use as many coats of colour but O.P.I isn't the cheapest so I went on the hunt for something similar. This isn't a review as such, I don't use Sally Hansen Age Correct Growth Treatment for it's intended purpose but I can say I haven't noticed a change in my nails for the better. This post is just for anyone like me who might be looking for a milky base coat that won't break the bank, it even looks nice worn alone.

I can't remember where I bought mine, it was months ago but I know it was from a discount website and under 2 quid. Anyone who loves shades that are too sheer and need built up quite a bit will love this plus it'll save you using up too much of your favourite nail colours.

Have you tried this?
Do you use milky base coats under sheer nail colours?

Sally Hansen Age Correct Growth Treatment 1.60 from Amazon

Follow me: Twitter | Bloglovin' | SheSaidBeauty | Instagram

Have you entered my Paris skin care giveaway?

8 comments:

  1. I'd love to find a product that makes my nails a bit stronger, however I can't really wear nail polish at work so it has to be something else? So sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried them myself but I know Leighton Denny has a few nail treatment sets for different nail problems. I think its a lotion that you buff into the nails rather than a treatment polish. Might be worth a try.
      xo

      Delete
  2. ive never treid a milky bse coat before.. think I might have to! xx
    http://ellaurabeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame that you haven't noticed any difference yet. Usually I find that Sally Hansen treatment products are really good and I swear by the Nailgrowth Miracle :). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use it often enough to notice a difference, I only use it under sheer colours. I usually use O.P.I Nail Envy when my nails are playing up.
      xo

      Delete
  4. This looks like a nice base coat, it's a shame it hasn't made much of a difference to your nails though! xx

    ReplyDelete