Sunday 2 September 2012

MAC Lip Pencil 'In Synch'





Can you believe this is the only lip pencil I own? Lip pencils just arent something that excite me. I have no interest in lining my lips, I prefer lippies I can just whack on without needing a mirror and I dont want to spend more than 5 seconds doing so. The reason for purchasing In Synch is simple - swatches looked gorgeous and I wanted to use it all over my lips with my Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01 on top.

I've never tried a lip pencil from MAC before so cant comment on them as a whole but I wasnt really impressed with In Synch. Its incredibly drying, very solid, drags the lip and shows up every imperfection. With Clarins Lip Perfector on top its slightly more forgiving but the staying power wasnt great. Its a shame, I had high hopes for In Synch as all the reviews I'd read had been positive.

 I really like the colour though, its very muted and would look perfect wit a smokey eye but worn without foundation I end up looking like I have no lips. Attractive.

Whats your thoughts on MAC Lip Pencils? Do you own In Synch?

MAC In synch £11.50 from MAC and MAC stockists

16 comments:

  1. I agree lip pencils just don't push my buttons, I've never been too bothered either way but I do need a nice one for a nude lip as I have such dark lips naturally. This one looks really nice, lovely post x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lips are bright red. Even when I wear a pale pink gloss it looks like I'm wearing red. I thought 'In Synch' would be a good colour to counteract that.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I rarely ever use lip pencils either. I think I might have one or two in make-up collection somewhere but have never tried one from MAC x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no desire to try anymore from MAC but the creme pencils sound promising.
      xo

      Delete
  3. Well that's just been scrapped off my list! Know what you mean about the dryness, that shade in all matte lip colours always seems to be pretty unforgiving xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm determined to make it work for me but just dont know how yet.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I thought I was the only one who didn't have a vast collection of lip pencils!! <3 love this color! so versatile!!



    http://lovefayexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    LoveFayexoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it, my fav combo with turkish delight by nars.
    xoxo

    http://makeupbynora.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of lip pencils. But I think they're good for the occasional nude lip, though. :)

    http://beautybydm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lipstick never lasts very long on me so thought I'd give this a try. Just wish it woudnt show up every single imperfection.
      xo

      Delete
  7. "Lip pencils just arent something that excite me." haha agreed!!! :) I guess I'm just too lazy to do that additional step...that pencil looks really pretty though. I know this is totally random but every time I read about that pencil it reminds of the boy band N*sync haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Additional steps are just a nono for me thats why I'm not fussed on lip liner or make up remover. Pure laziness! haha Thats what it reminds me of too! I even spelt it as N Sync then had to change it.
      xo

      Delete
  8. I have this. I like to lightly colour my lip with this then add a little clear lip gloss over the top. Usually my no7 one. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm not a big gloss wearer but I'll try it with clear gloss and see how I get on.
      xo

      Delete