Friday 22 June 2012

Clarins Liquid Bronze For Face & Decollete

Around two years ago I always had a bottle of Clarins Liquid Bronze on the go and after reading all the rave reviews I decided to pick up another bottle. I always loved using this as its so simple and fuss free but I cant say I remember it being the be all and end all which is the reason I had to order a bottle and try it out again. My face is always a lot paler than my body so I was in need of a natural tanner for the face anyway.

My bottle seems to be different from everyone elses, maybe its new? Liquid Bronze should be applied to the face after cleansing and toning then once its had a few minutes to dry you can go ahead and apply your usual moisturiser. It DOESNT go on after moisturiser, moisturiser creates a barrier between your skin and the tan making it pretty pointless and a waste of product. The smallest drop on a cotton pad is enough to cover your entire face and neck but I tend to do 2 coats as the result is so natural. Liquid Bronze would work brilliantly for people with very fair skin as I dont find it to be orange at all but darker skins wouldnt really see much benefits because its so natural. You can build it up each night untill you're happy with the results, I tend to apply it every other night.

The main thing I love about Liquid Bronze is that it doesnt gather in pores like most tan. I hate when tanners make me look as if I'm covered in blackheads, you dont get that at all with this. Theres never an obvious line where the tan starts and stops and I havent had any issues with streaks.

I do really like Liquid Bronze but unlike the majority, it isnt something I would class as a Holy Grail product. You can get similar results by mixing a lotion tan with some of your usual moisturiser and save yourself £17.50

8 comments:

  1. I love this. I was terrified about tanning my face but this gives such a natural glow and looks so natural. It also doesn't break me out which is great. Your bottle does look different to mine, maybe they have changed to packaging?
    P.s what was the Gatineau mask/exfoliator called that you mentioned was similar to the Elemis Papaya peel? I want to give it a try. Thanks hun. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be, I ordered my bottle from Debenhams, they must have just redesigned the packaging.

      Its called Gatineau Activ Eclat Radiance Enhancing Gommage. It works just the same as the Elemis Papaya Peel but alot quicker. You only need to leave it on for 2/3 minutes, handy when you're in a rush.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to try this but I'm not sure it'd go dark enough to match the rest of my tan!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might not be, its very natural but once you've done you're makeup/bronzer it might work ok :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. Ive been looking for a face tanner as ive been tanning a lot recently but am a bit iffy about putting regular tan on my face! All the reviews of this as so good too! I'm abit put off by the price but it's not too bad, i think i'll end up giving it ago at some point xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit pricey but you get 125ml so it should last a good while. I used to just use normal tan on my face and never had any problems but now I dont really bother tanning my body so this is handier for me.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I've never been one for bronzer but I like the sound of this product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its not really a bronzer at all, it just give the skin a nice, natural glow. :)
      xo

      Delete