Friday 16 March 2012

Review | Bourjois Heathy Mix Concealer

Out of all the concealers the highstreet has to offer, Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer and Collection2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer seem to be at the top. I've spotted both being mentioned by a lot of bloggers so a few months back I decided to give Collection2000 a go, and hated it, but last week while in Boots I picked up Bourjois Healthy Mix on a whim. The shade I went for is Light Radiance and to be perfectly honest, I really didnt expect much.


I never buy concealer from makeup stands, they're usually chalky/cakey, not very pigmented and dont conceal anything but I think Bourjois deserve a pat on the back for this one.

The Good: Great coverage | good staying power | doesnt crease under the eyes as much as some I've tried | blends well | oil free | price | hygenic squeeze tube - no wand to dip in and out.

The Bad: Clings to any dryness - wouldnt recommend it for overly dry skin.

Swatched

Blended

If you've been thinking about trying a new concealer, Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer is definately worth a go. It does everything I want it to do, and its affordable. Whats your favourite 'drug store' concealer?

Also, My Giveaway ends on the 19th so go enter if you havent already.

10 comments:

  1. Iv wanted to give this a go for a while as i have the foundation, but have always been on the fence about it! this is actually one of the first reviews iv read about this lol As much as i love my collection 2000, it can be a bit cakey :/ I have some hefty dark circles under my eyes and wasnt sure if this would handle them lol i think i might have to take the plunge and try it! :)

    Hayley xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the Collection2000 concealer to be really cakey. Bourjois healthy mix has an almost velvety finish, its really good for covering up any redness and I have quite bad dark circles too. It lasts well under the eyes, I just finish off with some YSL Touche Eclat to brighten the are up.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I've gone off my Collection2000 lasting perfection concealer because she shades are so limited. Currently loving old favourite, MAC Pro Longwear and really hoping to repurchase another have, Studio Finish soon. Also, still wanting to try Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer looks really good, definately want to get around to trying it.
      xo

      Delete
  3. This is a concealer I'm always hearing so much about but now that you've said it clings to dry skin I guess there's not much point in me trying it out...maybe in the summer when my skin might be a little less dry...

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a squeeze tube so you should definately try a bit on your face next time your in Boots. I had a dry patch on my cheek and it emphasized it but aslong as you exoliate twice a week it should be fine.
      xo

      Delete
  4. I may give this a try as its a great price and not having dry skin, it should hopefully work well for me. I'll have to have a look next time I'm in Boots.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be perfect for you then. I wish I'd tried it a lot sooner.
      xo

      Delete
  5. it looks like it blends in really well !!

    thanks for the review :)

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete